- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 loaf brioche bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans, roughly chopped
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Dip brioche slices, one at a time, into the egg mixture, allowing each slice of bread to soak for at least 15 seconds.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add soaked brioche slices to the skillet. Cook until evenly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat by melting more butter and cooking the remaining bread.
- Serve immediately with a pad of butter, maple syrup, toasted pecans, and powdered sugar. Enjoy!