Bobby Flay is giving smoky bacon a seriously delicious upgrade by slathering it in a sweet and tangy maple-mustard glaze. In his flavor-packed recipe, he uses two types of mustard for both heat and texture. And instead of pan frying, he’s saving you the mess by oven baking perfectly crispy strips.
Watch now for the full recipe:Print
- Mustard-Maple Glazed Bacon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon, about 12 slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the bacon in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, leaving 1/4-inch between each slice. Bake until slightly rendered and golden brown, about 15 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, add the syrup, the two mustards, salt, and black pepper to a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Remove bacon from the oven and carefully drain off any collected fat into a heat proof container. Blot the bacon with a paper towel to remove any extra grease. Lightly brush some of the glaze on each slice of bacon. Let bacon rest 5-10 minutes to allow bacon to crisp up and glaze to set up. Serve.