For the salsa:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Kosher salt
For the chicken:
- 1 13.5-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (chile garlic paste)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
For the tacos:
- Grilled pineapple salsa
- Grilled coconut sambal chicken, sliced
- 8 tortillas, warmed
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, sambal oelek, lime juice, vegetable oil, and salt. Add chicken thighs to coconut mixture and let marinate for at least 20 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- For the salsa, prepare grill to medium-high heat. Lightly grease the grates and grill pineapple until charred, about 2-3 minutes per side. Let the pineapple cool slightly, then dice.
- Toss diced pineapple, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
- Meanwhile, grill chicken until cooked through and lightly charred, about 4 minutes per side. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes, then slice into strips.
- Serve with warm tortillas, grilled pineapple salsa, avocados, cilantro, and lime wedges. Enjoy!