- 2 mild fish fillets (about 1 pound), such as hake, code, tilapia, or bass fillets, patted dry
- 1/2 cup cilantro, leaves and tender stems, roughly chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 cup white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 orange, juiced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for cooking
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/4 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 6 corn tortillas, warmed
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Avocado slices, for serving
- In a large bowl, stir together cilantro, onion, orange zest and juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, paprika, and cayenne. Place fillets into the bowl and toss to coat with marinade. Cover bowl and place into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add in fennel, cabbage, and jalapeño slices, and toss with a pair of tongs to fully coat with dressing.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat and brush with oil. Grill fish until just opaque in the center, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the rest of the marinade to a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until the onions have softened and most of the liquid has cooked off, about 5-6 minutes.
- Coarsely break apart the fish and arrange on a platter, then spoon cooked onions on top. Serve with cabbage and fennel slaw, warmed tortillas, extra cilantro, lime wedges, and avocado slices.