For the chicken:
- 1 pack Omsom Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 8 ounces full fat coconut milk (half of 1 can)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lime (save remaining half for serving)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 6 bamboo skewers
For the salad:
- 10 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 jalapeño, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (like grapeseed oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt
- In a large bowl, combine Omsom Spicy Bulgogi Starter, coconut milk, grated garlic, ginger, lime zest, lime juice, and salt. Add chicken thighs to the mixture and toss to fully coat. Cover and let marinate for at least 1 hour at room temperature, or overnight in the fridge.
- For the salad, place sliced scallions in an ice bath for 10 minutes to allow them to curl. Pat dry, then add scallions to a medium bowl with cucumbers, jalapeños, and cilantro. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together oil, rice wine vinegar, and honey. Season with salt to taste and set aside until ready to serve.
- Soak bamboo skewers for at least 45 minutes before grilling. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat, about 425 degrees.
- Lightly pat skewers dry, then thread 6-8 pieces of chicken onto each skewer. Grill, turning occasionally until chicken is fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cut the remaining half of lime into wedges. Toss the salad in the dressing and serve immediately with chicken skewers and lime wedges. Enjoy!