- 1 pound carrots, scrubbed, trimmed, and peeled
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup carrot tops, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, lightly roasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut larger carrots in half lengthwise and leave skinnier carrots whole. Place carrots on a baking sheet, cover with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with a generous pinch of salt and a few cracks of black pepper. Roast, tossing half way through, until carrots are fork tender and slightly charred, about 25-30 minutes. (If you have a grill or grill pan, cook carrots until tender and grill marks appear.)
- In a medium bowl, add shallot, jalapeño, garlic, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Combine and let sit for 10 minutes. Stir in carrot tops, cilantro, and oregano, then add remaining ½ cup of oil while whisking with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer carrots to a serving dish and spoon chimichurri over top. Finish with hazelnuts and serve immediately. Enjoy!