- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cob of corn, husk removed, kernels cut off
- 2 avocados, pits removed, flesh scooped out
- 2 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 3/4 cup red or white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder, plus extra for serving
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add corn kernels and cook for 5-7 minutes until corn becomes bright yellow and some parts become slightly charred.
- Place avocados in a medium bowl. Using a fork, smash avocado to be as chunky or as smooth as you would like. Mix in corn and the remaining ingredients and season with salt to taste. Transfer guacamole to a serving bowl and top with more cotija and chili powder. Serve with tortilla chips.