- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 medium white onion, skin removed, cut into quarters
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat broiler to high. Place bell peppers, jalapeños, and onions on a foil lined baking sheet. Char each side of bell peppers, jalapeños, and onions for 2-3 minutes, until skin looks blistered and has blackened. Use tongs to flip and continue to char each side.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and loosely tent a sheet of foil over the bell pepper mixture and let cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Once cooled, carefully remove the skin and seeds from the bell peppers and jalapeños.
- Add flesh of bell peppers and jalapeños, the charred onions, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and a generous pinch of salt to a blender or food processor. Blitz until smooth. Be sure to taste for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Transfer to a bowl and serve with chips, tacos, or as a salad dressing.