- 1 pound strawberries, washed, hulled, and quartered
- 1 pint blueberries, washed and stems removed
- 1 pint blackberries, washed and halved
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cane sugar, maple syrup, or honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
- Juice of ½ lemon or small orange
- 2 tablespoons Sherry or another fortified wine
- Pinch Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- Optional garnishes: fresh mint and honey
- Serving options: yogurt, ice cream, fresh ricotta cheese, cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using the back of a paring knife, scrape the vanilla pods to release the beans inside.
- In a large bowl, add all the fruit, scraped vanilla, vanilla bean pod, cinnamon, sugar, lemon juice, Sherry, and salt. Gently mix to combine.
- Pour fruit mixture into a large oven-proof baking dish, in a single layer for best results. Lightly drizzle olive oil on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, uncovered, until fruit is roasted and fragrant but still has some texture.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Garnish with mint and serve with yogurt, ice cream, or fresh ricotta cheese and honey.