- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 leek, rinsed, sliced in half lengthwise and again crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- Pinch of granulated sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon pistachios, shelled
- 2 sage leaves
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmigiano Reggiano, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat until it begins to shimmer. Add the leeks into the pan in an even layer. Add the sugar and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are soft and golden brown and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- While the leeks caramelize, make the vinaigrette. Combine the pistachios, sage, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process until almost smooth. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Transfer the caramelized leeks to a shallow bowl. Spoon the vinaigrette over the leeks. Top with Parmigiano Reggiano, a drizzle of olive oil and the remaining pistachios. Serve immediately.