- 1 cup ice
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 large basil leaves
- Ginger beer
- Bring a grill pan to medium heat. Add pineapple slices and allow to cook for 6-9 minutes or until charred. Flip and repeat with all pieces.
- Transfer pineapple to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a jar until ready to use.
- For the cocktail, add a few handfuls of ice to a cocktail shaker. Top with lemon juice, bourbon, 4 ounces of pineapple purée, and basil leaves. (For even more flavor, “clap” the leaves between your hands before adding to the cocktail shaker.) Shake for about 1 minute.
- Strain and distribute into 3 ice-filled cups. Top with ginger beer and enjoy!