- 2 pounds salmon, divided into 3 equal-sized pieces
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 cup mixed herbs like rosemary, thyme, and/or parsley, roughly chopped
- Cherry bomb peppers, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add Brussels sprouts and onions to a baking sheet or cast iron skillet. (We used purple Brussels sprouts, but green will work, too! Cover with 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat, transfer to the oven, and roast for 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add garlic, fresh herbs, and remaining salt, pepper, and oil. Use the back of a spoon or spatula to gently muddle the herbs and stir to mix well.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and add in half of the garlic-herb mixture to coat the vegetables. Stir until combined.
- Use a paper towel to pat the salmon pieces dry. Then, layer the salmon over the bed of roasted vegetables and use a spoon to cover salmon with the remaining garlic-herb mixture. Top each piece of salmon with 3 lemon slices.
- Return the skillet to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with any extra fresh herbs and optional cherry bomb peppers. Serve alongside any remaining lemon slices and enjoy!