There’s no denying the convenience of having Bob’s Red Mill Golden Couscous on hand at all times. This teeny-tiny pasta cooks in just 5 minutes and absorbs flavors beautifully. Here, we use the couscous as a base and add some very-late-summer tomatoes and cucumbers, crispy chickpeas, and tangy feta. This is a weeknight meal at its finest.Print
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 10 ounces couscous
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread chickpeas on the baking sheet and pat dry with a paper towel. Toss chickpeas in 2 tablespoons oil and a generous pinch of salt. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat and season with a few cracks of black pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth or water to a boil. Add couscous, simmer for 5 minutes, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Set aside and let cool.
- Mix scallions, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes in the large bowl with couscous. Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with feta and crispy chickpeas, and serve.