- 2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 slices brioche bread
- 4 slices of gouda cheese (or any preferred melting cheeses like gruyere, brie, mimolette, cheddar, etc.)
- 1 stone fruit, pitted and thinly sliced
- To make the butter, use a hand mixer to whip the salted butter until light and airy. Add maple syrup and cinnamon, then whip again until well incorporated. Transfer to a small ramekin and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- For the grilled cheese, butter the brioche bread with 1/2 tablespoon of maple cinnamon butter per slice. Bring a large, nonstick pan to medium-low heat and add one slice of bread to the pan, buttered side down.
- Layer cheese, then layer the stone fruit slices on top. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Once the bottom slice begins to turn golden brown (about 5-6 minutes), gently flip and cook until the other side matches.
- When ready, remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!