- 3 large zucchinis, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or cooking oil of preference)
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven or grill to 400 degrees.
- Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop to remove the insides of the zucchini to create a well. Repeat with all halves, then lay zucchini halves on a prepared baking sheet, open side up. (Save leftover zucchini to make zucchini bread!)
- In a large pan, add oil and bring to medium heat. Cook mushrooms until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Then, add the onions and garlic. Sauté for an additional 3-5 minutes, until the garlic and onions become soft and fragrant.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and Parmesan and stir until combined. Adjust salt if needed.
- Remove from heat and evenly divide the mushroom mixture into the zucchini boats. Top with shredded mozzarella. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden but not burned.
- Remove from oven and garnish parsley and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve while warm and enjoy!