Though there’s been a spike in viral popularity, celery juice has long been a staple in smoothie shops, organic stores, and juiceries alike. However, a bottle of fresh-pressed celery juice can set you back anywhere from $5-11, so we’re big fans of making your own, particularly when you can DIY with the delicious add-ons here.
2 bunches celery
2 large green apples (optional)
1 English cucumber (optional)
2-inch piece ginger (optional)
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
1. Wash your celery and remove the tough base and leafy tops from the stalks. (Don’t throw them away though! Save with other valuable produce scraps for a homemade veggie stock later.)
2. Chop the stalks into thirds and put them in a juicer or blender. If using a blender, blend celery stalks and add in two tablespoons of water at a time until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
3. Using a colander or juice strainer to filter the pulp, pour the celery juice into a bowl or mason jar. Serve juice immediately.
4. If plain celery juice doesn’t do it for you, start with this celery juice base and add in additional fresh ingredients. First, slice apples in half and put them through the juicer.
5. Slice cucumber in half and place through juicer, followed by chunks of fresh ginger. Combine apple, cucumber, ginger, and celery juices with 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Serve immediately (over ice, if desired) and enjoy!